We Make Websites are the go-to agency for Shopify Plus. We design, develop and optimise e-commerce websites for some of the fastest growing brands on the planet. Brands we work with include: Hasbro, Crabtree & Evelyn, This Works, Pepsi Co, Finisterre, Skinnydip, Cluse, Bulletproof Coffee, Penguin Books, Beavertown Brewery, Emma Bridgewater, Harper Collins, National Portrait Gallery, Nicce, Press and The Economist.
We’re a team of 50+ designers, developers, solutions architects, e-comm consultants and marketers - spread across our London and New York offices. We’ve doubled in size over the last year and are looking for more bright, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team.
But enough about us - we want to know more about you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to help us build beautiful e-commerce websites on the Shopify platform for forward-thinking brands. We're looking for a detail-oriented person with a passion for developing great user interfaces and experiences - and can help shape, build and test websites with commercial awareness.
About the role:
As a developer you will work to solve challenges and build beautiful/intuitive features within a cross-functional team of developers, designers, solution consultants and agile project managers.
You’ll be developing small to enterprise level e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform for a wide range of retail brands, bringing static designs to life using modern front-end tooling and working closely with project managers to deliver best in the industry websites by collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team.
You will also be responsible for scoping, delivering and testing features that strive to improve conversion for clients on our ongoing success retainer services. This will be conveniently balanced alongside new inbound projects.
- You will need a passion for the tech and e-commerce space. E-commerce is one of the fastest growing sectors and we want somebody who gets what it means to be an agency at the forefront of direct to consumer e-commerce design and development.
- You will be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem solver.
- You will have unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast paced environment.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
- You will be an intelligent, ambitious, articulate, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude!
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control and Git flows
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of best web performance practices, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience with cross browser and device testing websites
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you'll be doing
- Working closely with a team of front-end web developers, UI/UX designers to build e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects on margin
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with Shopify or Magento
- Knowledge of Continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with Node.js (Express) for micro backend services
- Experience with Invision, Sketch or Figma
- Salary £30-45k depending on experience.
- 21 days holiday paid + 8 bank holidays + 1.5 additional days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment.
- We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks. Monday morning team breakfast and Friday team lunches.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Apply using the button below.
No recruiters, please.